Well, unless you've been sitting under a rock for the past weekend, you'll have already heard about Hillary Clinton's latest campaign gaffe. For those of you who don't read the news; while defending her decision to stay in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination, Clinton used the example of RFK's assassination as a reason she should stay in the race. She said that (I'm paraphrasing a bit here) she should stay in because he got assassinated in June.
Wow.
While she never mentioned Obama by name, it's pretty obvious that she was saying that she thinks he might be assassinated. A pretty shocking remark.
It should also be noted that when RFK was running for the nomination, only 13 states held primaries, and he was assassinated only about 4 weeks into the contest, not after nearly 6 months of primaries.
So, what do you think? Do you think there is a greater than normal risk that Obama might be assassinated? Should that affect how people vote? And is Hillary justified in bringing up this topic, or is she just grabbing at straws?
Just as an end note, I don't think Hillary should be forced out of the race. If I was in her position (impossible because I'm male, and a Canadian) I hope I would bow out gracefully. However, letting her run until she is incapable or unwilling to do so is part of being a democratic state.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment