Custom Search
Subscribe to livefrommontreal by Email

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Russians are Coming!

Wow, so I'm pretty stunned by yesterday's Euro Cup match.
For those of you who don't know, it was Netherlands vs. Russia, in the quarter final.
After completely dominating their group, the Netherlands was pretty heavily favoured among the people I know who follow soccer.
And then Russia annihilated them. 3-1.
This is particularly embarrassing for myself and many of my friends, because we spent most of Friday afternoon saying Russia would lose.
To be fair, watching the Russians play, they completely deserved the win in that game, and their previous ones. Though it's weird, for some reason every vastly superior team the Russians have faced has played like Bhutan when they face Russia.
Conspiracy theorist soccer fans, start your engines.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. I should have a new video up tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com