Custom Search
Subscribe to livefrommontreal by Email

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fuck You, Toronto

I'm on strike.
While picketing today (at the dump), I found out something interesting that would've been good to know 3 weeks ago.
One of the city's demands is that part-time recreation workers (a.k.a. me + 10 000) would be limited to working 20 hours per week, down from the 40 we are currently allowed.

Excuse me?

Twenty hours per week, at 10-12 dollars per hour, minus union dues and pension contribution and income tax.

We're already the lowest-paid city union, and now the city is saying that they won't provide their workers with a living wage. That they don't believe that their hard working part-time staff deserve to be able to support themselves off a city wage.

When David Miller was elected, didn't he say something about how "everyone deserves a living wage, regardless of their education"?


I'm almost better off on strike pay than with that bullshit.

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com