Custom Search
Subscribe to livefrommontreal by Email

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pontiac G6 Passenger Review

So I spent a fair amount of time in a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP this weekend (as a passenger), and I thought I might as well give a little passenger-view review of the car.
It is sporty-looking on the outside, a pretty handsome car.
Getting into the car will be tricky for tall people (not me) or people with wonky knees (me) because the car is very low to the ground. Once inside the car, there is plenty of legroom in the back seat, however anyone above 5'4" (such as myself) will have to watch their heads, the roof is very low. Inside the car looks and feels cheap, lots of hard plastic doesn't help this. It also feels like you're inside a bunker. The windows are tiny, and very high up on the car.
The V6 version of this car feels pretty snappy on the road. Plenty of power. It also seemed to get pretty good mileage both on the highway and in the city. However, the ride (to put it frankly) sucks. Every bump, crack, nook, and cranny in the road is amplified making the ride quite jarring. Also, it is hard for the passengers to find a good "rest my head somewhere to sleep" position.

Anyways, I should be able to get another video up tomorrow, and hopefully my schedule will normalize a little this week.

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com